Saturday, February 11, 2012

Building Character

A lot of people probably wonder what happens to make an entire race weeked go as poorly as this on. I don’t think there will ever be an answer for that. Just one of those things that happens in life, like losing a left sock, or finding out you have been racing all day with a giant sunglasses gap. Its one of those things that happen, no grand excuses, no horrible story about both wheels flatting, breaking my chain and then breaking my frame in half. But the great things about this weekend is that it builds character, allows you to look back on what you did personally wrong and allow you to grow from it. While my results have not been what I wished, I am still taking away valuable lessons from this race, and I can look forward to many more races this season with a positive attitude. While I wish that I could tell people that this race went exactly like I wanted and I did awesome, I can’t. But I can tell people that I have learned a lot from this race, and next time I’m racing my bike I won’t have one of “those” days, because I have left all of  “those” days behind at Valley of The Sun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment