Monday, December 13, 2010

Winter Cross Training

Last years ski adventure



Winter training is underway and the hours are adding up on the trainer and the rollers are set to go. Soon it will be time to add some cross training of snowshoeing and Nordic skiing in to my schedule. I believe, this year I will also venture out and downhill ski once again.

Skate skiing is a good compliment to my training schedule as it provides diversity in putting those long hours into building up my endurance and lets me enjoy the winter outdoors. If you are in the area and love the snow then this is a great winter spot for the day. There are rentals (skate skis, cross country skis, and snowshoes) available for all ages and classes, too. The Nordic Center relies on donation, so look for the and drop some dollars in to support the 25 km of groomed trails with varying terrain.


To learn more about the Mount Shasta Nordic Center, visit www.mtshastanordic.org

No comments:

Post a Comment